Re: Our Daily Bread- A Sense of Dread

  • Abraham Eapen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2012
      This Our daily Bread passage is so relevant to the members and leaders of the present day church(es) as it was during the apostolic times.....The consequences of preaching it and not doing it in earnest is dreadful. We always think it is applicable to everyone else but us (pride). "....

      Christians at war with each other cannot be at peace with their heavenly Father.

      Avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 2 Timothy 2:23

      ......This applies to pastors as well as church attenders. Our personal conduct can help to reduce the amount of friction instead of
      elevating it through unwise actions or words. We can model for others
      the biblical way to avoid, manage, and even resolve conflict. Verses
      24-25 encourage us to be gentle, patient, and humble in relating to
      others.

      As James says, The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace (James 3:18).

      Pursuing the goal of being a peacemaker can reduce the sense of dread that conflicts generate. Bill Crowder"

      Abraham Eapen