Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 28, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “And every one who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” - (Acts 2:21)

      From criminal imprisonment to meadows of green land.

      The agent of saving is the Holy Spirit. New life and new attitudes generate when we are filled with the Holy Spirit. The day of Pentecost is the new dawn of humanity with the freshness of the flowing river of life from the hearts of those who are filled with spirit. “And every one present was filled with the Holy Spirit”- (Acts 2:4). This is a promise to all human beings by God. ”The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, for all whom the Lord our God will call” - (Acts 2:39). What we need urgently is to change the society characterised by the loss of respect for life, violence, exotic religious cults, sexual promiscuity, homo sexuality, and even pedophilia. The early church fathers succeeded in bringing a Pagan society to Christ. Why can’t we do it? Are we ready to call Jesus and save our children, families, churches and the entire society at large?

      Chuck Colson, the lifelong companion and Watergate conspirator of Richard Nixon, the then President of USA, lived and died for Jesus, spreading the good news in prison and outside after his conversion filled him with the Spirit. He had the spiritual experience followed by considerable struggle and hesitancy to have a personal encounter with God. He recalls, “While I sat alone staring at the sea of love, words I had not been certain I could understand or say, fell from my lips – ‘Lord Jesus, I believe in you. I accept you. Please come in to my life. I commit it to you. With those few words, came a sureness of mind that matched the depth of the feeling in my heart. There came something more, strength and serenity, a wonderful new assurance about a fresh perception of myself in the world around us.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let all those who are baptized be the carriers of your light. We pray for all those who are living in darkness and sin. Let all be saved by calling your name. We pray for those who are in your mission of salvation. Let us all be filled with the Holy Spirit and repent and turn to you. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Tuesday, 29th May 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V