Successor to the Catholicos

  • Eldo Cherian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2012
      Dear Brothers/Sisters,

      I happened to see the SOCM news regarding appointing a successor to the Catholicos/Maphryono for our church.

      Could one of the learned members of this forum throw light on how this process is conducted? Does the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church have a procedure for this?

      I have seen the Indian Orthodox church(IOC) name Catholicos designate while the actual Catholicos is alive. Does the Universal Syriac Church also do similarly?

      Thanks
      Eldo
      From the desk of moderators
      Constitution of Jacobite Syrian Christian Church copy available on following URL.
      Page # 16; Clause 42 - 47
      http://www.socmnet.org/Resources/JSCC_Constitution.pdf