Our Daily Bread- A Place for You

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 9:36 AM
      READ: John 13:36 - 14:4

      If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:3

      A couple who brought their elderly aunt to live with them were concerned that she would not feel at home. So they transformed a room in their house into an exact replica of her bedroom at the home she left behind. When their aunt arrived, her furniture, wall hangings, and other favorite things felt like a special Welcome home!� to her.
      In John 13:36-14:4, we read that at the Last Supper Jesus spoke to His disciples and tried to prepare them for His death. When Simon Peter asked, Where are you going? Jesus replied, Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward� (13:36). Jesus was still speaking directly to Peter (and also meant it for all of His followers) when He said, In My Father's house are many mansions [rooms]; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also� (14:2-3).

      Heaven is a family gathering of believers from every tribe and nation, but it is also our Father's house and in that house He is preparing a room just for you.

      When you arrive in heaven and Jesus opens the door, you'll know you're home. David McCasland

      I have a home in heaven above
      From sin and sorrow free
      A mansion which eternal love
      Designed and formed for me. Bennett
      For the Christian, heaven is spelled H-O-M-E.