Why Read The Bible?

  • Georgey Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2012
      Why Read The Bible?

      "I'm a busy person. I have a lot to do. Why should I spend my time reading the Bible? I don't have time to do all I need to do as it is."

      "I already believe in Jesus Christ, that He's the Son of God and my Savior. I've already heard the Gospel."

      "Why should I read the Bible?"

      Please think about the following Scriptures. Then, you will understand why you should read the Bible.

      JOHN 8:31-32 KJV
      31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
      32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

      JOHN 14:23-24 KJV
      23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
      24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

      ACTS 20:32 KJV
      32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

      SAY THIS: I will read and study the Bible.