Syria's Patriarchs Condemn Criminal Attacks in Damascus.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB
    News
    12 May'12

    Syria's Patriarchs condemned the terrorist blast which ripped through al-Kazaz area in Damascus on Thursday and the terrorist acts in several parts of Syria which have left scores dead and injured.

    In a statement issued on Friday, Syriac Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and All the East Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and All East Ignatius IV Hazim and Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarch of Antioch and All East Gregory III Laham called for giving priority to the homeland's interests above all else away from violence on the basis of justice, citizenship, freedom of expression and all that serves the country.

    The Patriarchs prayed for the martyrs to rest in peace and for the bereaved to be relieved, calling upon the fellow Syrians to join them in their prayer to protect Syria.

    A Statement issued by their Holinesses and Beatitudes the Patriarchs of Syria

    We, Ignatius Hazim IV Patriarch of Antioch and All the East for the Greek Orthodox, Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas Patriarch of Antioch and All the East for the Syrian Orthodox, and Gregorios Laham III Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, Alexandria and Jerusalem for the Greek Melkite Catholic; denounce the coward and criminal work which attacked the area of “Al-Kazaz” in Damascus on the morning of Thursday May 10, 2012. We also denounce all the terrorist works which targeted different areas of the beloved Syrian land, and which victimized many innocent martyrs, and wounded civilians and militants of this great nation.

    In front of this painful hardship, we pray to God Almighty to heal the wounds of Syria and the Syrian people, so that the citizens of the one nation may return back to each other; in love, reconciliation, forgiveness, cooperation and wisdom. They may also favor the interest of the country above all other interests, distance themselves from violence in all its aspects, head towards doing good to our dear country in rebuilding it on civilized and human principles. These principles should include the elements of justice, virtuous citizenship, coexistence, peaceful freedom of expression, and all that is related to serve the nation and the citizens.

    We lift up the prayers in one voice and one heart to God Almighty to rest the souls of the martyrs of the country in peace, console the hearts of those afflicted, protect Syria and lead it into the shore of safety, peace, sovereignty and prosperity. In a responsible and fatherly spirit we call on all citizens of the country, Muslims and Christians to share with us the prayer so that God may protect Syrian people from all sorts of danger and damage, and believe in God’s saying: “I am with you till the end of the time ….”

    May the name of God be blessed forever. Amen
    Damascus, May 11, 2012
    For more news updates from SOCMNet, please visit
    https://www.facebook.com/SOCMNet