Abram fell on his face

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2012
      Abram fell on his face

      Twice in one chapter we read that Abraham fell on his face� as God spoke to him, Gen. 17:3, 17. This speaks to us that we should let God be all, and see ourselves as nothing; we should remain in a state of total surrender, and let God do all in us and through us. For us to come to this place of faith, we need to hear God's voice speaking to us. God may speak to us as we read His Word, or as we pray, as we are at work, or at any other time. He spoke to Moses when he was at work (at the burning bush, as he was pasturing the flock), and also while fasting for forty days and forty nights. Both these, we may note, were at Horeb ( Mt. Sinai ), the mountain of God . May we have grace to expect our God to speak to us while we are praying or while we are working. When He speaks to us, and as we hear His voice, the ground where we stand is holy ground, Ex. 3:5. Let us learn to expect to hear God's voice, and receive the revelation of His all-sufficiency. Faith comes by hearing God's voice, hearing God's Word, Rom. 10:17. Our Lord said: My sheep hear my voice, John 10:27.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington,DC