Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: RCC communion

  • Fr. John Kunjukunju
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 15, 2002
      Dear Reji,
      I fully agree with many of your observations and yet there is a little difference.
      I would share my experience. Truly, I came�into the priesthood through gospel speech. More clearly, my then vicar use to offer me chance to speak once in a while. People then used to appreciate by fabulous words. But when I�became a priest people's attitude changed. I used to�confuse if I had changed. The fact is people do not like to hear gospel. The first and only complaint about me is that my speeches are long. People do not have patience to hear much The first instruction I received from the honorable faithful - rather administrators - is that gospel should not exceed 10 minutes. Even that 10 minutes speech should be only certain statements like "Neethisaram." Service should be cut short, etc. Nowadays people are more educated and affluent than priests in most cases and they think the priest has no right to�advise/correct them and gospel in its true spirit invariably involves certain amount of advise and correction�and call spade a spade.�The priests are mere paid servants and ironically in our church and in this diocese (USA) especially�no priest is paid a salary. Maximum is a hundred dollar per service in most cases. In other words, they are merely "Kurbanathozhilalikal." I doubt how this generation shall escape the wrath of God and if you say so you will be evicted out. In this pathetic situation blaming priests alone will not be fair. Honestly, I am the one regretting having taken up this robe and cannot do anything. Love, Johnachan.
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 18, 2002
        Dear freind,
        This is not theology.This is just psycology.What I see
        is a sort of mixed hatred.Like ,your loved thing in
        with someone.You are burning with that feeling.Inside
        you the genetic jacobite feeling is there.But now you
        have taken up the new indian orthodox identity.
        Which you yourself feel is not the real one.Step
        Father cannot be the real father.
        So ddonot fight this false fight you get hurt.
        What we were taught by our fathers are to be believed
        and accepted.There is nothing better outside.We are
        thomas,mathais,kuriakose etc from the day xtians are
        in Kerala.I donot want bto change names.
        Regards

        --- thomas_pa1 <thomas_pa1@...> wrote:
        > Dear Achen, Forgive me. Don't give me any special
        > respect because
        > my parent if from Malankara Jacobite side. Treat me
        > just like
        > you want to treat a Malankara Orthodox Christian or
        > the way you
        > want to treat an Indian Christian.
        Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
        http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
      • thomas_pa1
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 21, 2002
          But now you
          > have taken up the new indian orthodox identity.
          > Which you yourself feel is not the real one.Step
          > Father cannot be the real father.
          > So ddonot fight this false fight you get hurt.
          > What we were taught by our fathers are to be believed
          > and accepted.There is nothing better outside.We are
          > thomas,mathais,kuriakose etc from the day xtians are
          > in Kerala.I donot want bto change names.
          > Regards

          Names like Oommen, Chacko, etc. are pure Indian names.
          We started using English first names only after
          CMS missionaries in India. Before this we used names
          like Chandy, Itty, Kochummen, chacko etc. You will not
          find such names in any other part of the world. Regarding
          ancestry, it is well written in my family history (the Pakalomattom
          one) that our ancestor was an Indian Brahmin. So there
          is no confusion here.

          But, in Orthodox confession, ethnicity is not important.
          This means equal importance to all ethnicities without
          reecting one's own God given identity. Our Indian identity
          is God given and hence blessed. We remember Coptic fathers
          like St. Cyril, St. Diascoros, not because of their Coptic
          ethincity, but because of their faith.

          There is no mixed emotions or confusion here. My confusion
          is about the way chevaliers's behaved to me in Kerala.
          As a young man, I am too worried about these chevaliers'
          splitting Malankara church for personal gains and destroying
          their real identiy. Knanaya is now going away based on their
          Syrian identity.

          Pray and work for unity based on Orthodox confession. One Malankara
          Synod is better than numerous divisions. I want all relatives to be
          under one Holy Synod. This will bring lots of peace in family
          life.

          Thomas