Re: Question

  • Paul Philipose
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 6, 2003
      All

      It was an apt reply by Dr. Thomas Joseph. I suggest SOCM editors to
      do a little more diligence in posting some letters. I have to add
      to what Mr. Joseph wrote.

      1) Why ask that question "Why cant I become a partrarch?" for
      first place? As a christian we are commanded to remember 4 things
      a) death b) judgement c) heaven d) hell ( This is at the back of
      our daily prayer book). Some how there is a perception that
      patriarch or bishop or priest has more favor or chance of making to
      heaven, which is not the case. every one will be judged based on
      their own acts. Besides we are also commanded to humble ourselves.
      This question is really a repeat of what Lucifer asked God
      in pre-human era. "Why cant i get your throne?". Need we say more?

      2) There is no church in the world which has produced more
      martyres than Jacobite church. and almost all of them
      are from middle east. Only recently jacobites were able to
      produce martyres in Malankara and it is a shame that had to be from
      the hands of IOC.
      Any way given the qualites that IOC leadership has shown, if he was
      made Patriarch Jacobite church would have been destroyed by now.

      And for Thomas( Saritha), who question the successor to the head of
      apostle, you could be ordained as Patriarch of Kottaym and your
      catholicos will gladly agree reporting to him. As per IOC,
      one doesn't need ordination. That is why Mor Nikolovas is still
      bishop for them ( along with Athanatius and Milithos etc).

      Again it fails me to understand why cant you think?. If you
      believe that IOC is a legitimate church , that is fine with me.
      But what blows me up is why cant you think ( at least) that JOC
      is also a true church established by apostles? or are you
      telling us that St.Thomas is the head of apostles and IOC
      is the only legitimate chruch?

      If we have hint feeling that Jacobite church is legitimate,
      it is Holy. ( being the body of our Lord) and riduculing and
      harrasing it is same harrasing the Body of our Lord and THAT IS
      SOMETHING.

      regards

      Paul Philipose
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com