Malankara World Journal Issue 75 - Mothers Day Special is online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 75 - Mothers' Day Special (May 10,
      2012) is available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_75.htm

      --------
      This Sunday is celebrated as Mother's Day in USA. So, this issue of
      Malankara World Journal is dedicated to honoring mothers.

      For Orthodox Christians, when we think of Mother, the first thought is
      about St. Mary, the mother of Jesus. Mothers are hand picked by God as
      they have to meet stringent qualifications. Invariably, the motherhood
      requires suffering and service. Each of us can recall the sacrifices our
      mothers made to bring us to the situation we are. So, this Sunday, let
      us call our mothers (and grandmothers f we are fortunate to have them)
      and let them know how much we appreciate their sacrifices.

      I came across the following short article on the role of mothers in
      rearing a child.

      A Newborn's Conversation with God

      A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow,
      but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

      God said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

      The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don’t have to
      do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

      God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And
      you will feel your angel’s love and be very happy."

      Again the small child asked, "And how am I going to be able to
      understand when people talk to me if I don’t know the language?"

      God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words
      you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will
      teach you how to speak."

      "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

      God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you
      how to pray."

      "Who will protect me?"

      God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life."

      "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

      God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach
      you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."

      At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth
      could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave
      now, please tell me my angel’s name."

      God said, You will simply call her, "Mom."

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World

      --------
      Table of Contents Issue No: 75 - Mothers' Day Special

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (May 13)

      Fourth Sunday after New Sunday

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (May 13)

      Sermons for the 4th Sunday after New Sunday:

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_4th-sunday-after-new-sunday.htm

      Sermons for the Mothers' Day:

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_mothers-day.htm

      4. Inspiration: A Mother's Prayer

      5. Featured: Sermon for Mothers' Day

      Today is Mothers' Day, and we celebrate all those innumerable times when
      we were rescued by the heart of a mother. .. There are four main points
      I will cover. The first is the motherhood of all human mothers,
      especially our own and those among us. The second is the special
      motherhood of Mary, the mother of Jesus. The third is the motherhood of
      God. And the fourth is the social application of motherhood, peace. ...

      6. What Momma Taught Me About God

      I think God gives us Mommas and Daddies to help children feel warm and
      safe and secure in this sometimes scary world. That sense of security
      and trust helps a child grow to be a self-confident adult. A lot of
      children are raised without that sense of security. I was fortunate. ..

      Momma knew just when to help me and comfort me and when to make me get
      up and try again. How much more difficult it was for her to teach me
      that certain actions have consequences, when she would rather have saved
      me from ever having to experience hurt or failure. And isn't that just
      like our Lord? Life gives us some hard lessons; but God knows how to use
      them to make us better persons. When Jesus was getting ready to leave
      this world and knew that he would be leaving his anxious disciples on
      their own, he reassured them by saying: "Father is going to send you
      another Comforter, to be with you forever."

      7. Comfort Like a Mother

      Just as a skillful mother is able to pacify and soothe the woes of her
      child, so is God with us. Who here is distressed? God will soothe you.
      Who is sorrowful? God will calm your troubles. Who here is stressed? God
      will cause you to rest in him.

      God is the God of ALL comfort. Jesus told us he was sending "another
      comforter" to replace himself, which tells us that his role and that of
      the Spirit was to comfort us. ...

      8. The 'Son of So Many Tears': A Christian Mother's Story

      In honor of Mother's Day, I'd like to tell you a story about one mother
      whose devotion shaped not only her son's life but countless others, as
      well. ...

      9. What The Bible Says About Mothers

      10. Mother's Prayer (Poem)

      11. Recipe: Shrimp Curry

      12. Bonus Recipe for Mother's Day: Mother's Cake

      Today's flour-less cake recipe is not for novice bakers, as it is
      rumored to be the current Queen Mother's favorite chocolate cake. Try it
      out on your Mom this Mother's Day, as she is your Queen for a Day! ...

      13. Your Mother is Always With You

      A great story. For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom
      this is beautiful. For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful. ...

      14. Murphy's Laws of Parenting

      15. Jewish Mothers

      16. Humor: Self Control

      17. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_75.htm

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service