REPAIR OUR WEAKNESS INSIDE THE CHURCH,THEN WE WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH

  • Noby C.Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2012
      Shlomo in Christ to all my Bishops,Priests and Faithful,

      As we know our church is passing through a very hard time with loss of churches and properties that was owned by our fore fathers especially in Northern part of Kerala.It is the time to conduct study classes in each and every parish on who is IOC, what is their basis, What were their activities in the past. What are their usual arguments, What is the actual fact etc .We have to use our deacons for that purposes. Why I am telling this because majority of our faithfull is not aware about the facts ,but what they are getting through the media like 'Manorama' is manufactured facts ,not what is happened.

      I know because of the absence of knowledge about our church youth are going away from our church. Once they are aware about the facts of our church they will not move back from church issues. One more thing to add, the activities of our priests should be more spiritual rather than a money making activity and remeber not to share the superiors or collegues faults with faithful. So the priest will be respected in all the ways.

      But I would like to tell some thing to improve the condition of our church in Southern part of Kerala and out side Kerala .We have to buy new plots in different parts of South Kerala and out side Kerala .But it should be only known to the person who is dealing with the project ,means that should be secret. We have to assign the responsibilities of building new churches to the big churches which are running in good condition .Small churches can help to build chapels in and outside Kerala. But what is happening now,what income is coming in the church they are planning to finish the money by some useless projects.

      Nowadays more than lakhs of money is spending only for Fire work and lighting arrangements by an average single church. I can see in some places Family units are doing their seperate fire work and lighting ,I would say simple waste of money rather than anything. How we can make our 'Perunnal' a big day without responding to our brothers and sisters cry for the new church. The parishioners should be aware about the people who suffers without church of our own and how they are thirsty to have a church . I would like to plea to our church administration to ask the churches to setapart their surplus money for the development of our own church.

      Please try to consider this for your intellectual thinking and do the necessary steps to fulfill that if it is feasible.

      Noby .C Mathew
      St Mary's Jacobite Cathedral
      Kuruppampady