Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 8, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.” (Luke 1:52)

      Divine Providence lifts a nurse to Indian Administrative Service (IAS) - first in India.

      All things are possible with Jesus. God sees no limit, race, colour, education and family background to make one achieve something in life. All children of God can aspire the top and expect great things from God. We have to encourage each other for the better and guide others to be better off. The humble, simple village girl, Mary, was the chosen vessel for the creator leaving all the great and well manicured beauty queens, to be the mother of God. So, let us not be depressed and discouraged with the present or past, but always hope and look forward to the bright days ahead.

      Annies Kanmani Joy, 26, is the daughter of a farmer from the village in Pampakuda, Ernakulam Dist in Kerala, India. She secured the 55th rank in the 2011 Indian Administrative Examination (IAS). She holds a B.Sc. (Nursing) degree from Trivandrum Medical college. After passing her nursing degree she says, “I was contemplating about my future course for the rest of my life and ended up being a house wife taking care of my family.” Her cousin advised her to start preparing for IAS. She was even advised by two strangers during two different train journeys to pursue the civil service examination and she thinks it was the voice of God. She says,"I did not know what to do. I did not know if nurses could sit for the IAS exam. I have till date never heard of someone from this profession taking this exam.” She continues, “When I told my father I wanted to prepare for civil services, he was very happy. He supported me and brought me to Delhi.” We hope her new status will change the service conditions, salaries of the nurses in India and the attitude of the people towards the most sacrificial loving service to the humanity. A salute to Annies Kanmani.

      Prayer: Jesus, bless all the nurses and their families. Let us inspire to expect great things from God. Let us always be humble immaterial of our status in life. We pray for Annies Kanmani and appreciate her hard work, family support and divine guidance. Let her parents, teachers, friends, strangers and religious people who have guided and supported her be blessed in her success. . All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Wednesday, 9th May 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V