Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 7, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25).

      SYNERGISE - “You can’t do it alone.” - Jesus

      Synergy is the energy or force that is generated through the working together of various parts of a process. Synergism can be defined as the interaction of elements that, when combined produce an effect that is greater than the sum of the individual parts. The long term attraction of a good orchestra is not solo but symphony. We are in the process of digitalization and compartmentalisation of families and churches. And there is no cohesion and unity among the minds and hearts of people to do any work, to talk or interact in any way. Each individual is wrapped up in his own islands or cocoons. We are disconnected entirely from each other. This is not a healthy way to live. Christ selected twelve disciples to do his mission and they met together on a day to day basis to encourage each other in unity to ward away the darts of the dark forces as a missile shield and move forward to enlighten the world. And they all died in the same faith with full satisfaction of life as one family. So it better to meet often to kindle the life in Christ to live and be the salt and light of the world. There is no excuse to sit in the house on Sundays without attending church. Watching Holy Mass on line is not the same as attending church and can never produce the fruits of people’s interaction with Jesus in body and spirit in His sanctified place.

      A pastor went to see a man who did not attend church regularly. The man was sitting before a fire, watching the warm glow of coals. It was a cold winter day, but the coals were red hot, and the fire was warm. The pastor pleaded with the man to be more faithful in meeting with the people of God, but the man did not seem to be getting the message. So, the pastor took the tongs beside the fire place, pulled open the screen, and reached in and began to separate all the coals. When none of the coals was touching each other, he stood and watched in silence. In a matter of moments, they were all cold and the fire was put out. The man got the message.

      Prayer : Jesus let us be one with you by your spirit of unity and togetherness. Let us live together in harmony with our parents and siblings. Let us have the time and mind to meet each other frequently. Let us attend church on all Sundays and meet you and all our fellow beings in love. We pray for all the families and churches who are struggling to cement each other. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Tuesday, 8th May 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V