As one whom his mother comforts

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 8:50 PM
      As one whom his mother comforts�

      Isa. 66:13: As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; And you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.� May this verse become my inheritance, Lord, moment by moment and all day long. May the comforts of God fill our heart sowe may be able to comfort someone, 2 Cor. 1:3-4. May your love come to us as motherly love, and let�us rejoice in your love as a child delights in the mother's love. May the Comforter (Holy Spirit) speak to us and guide us continually, and give�us words of comfort for others, Isa. 50:4. Amen. See from Isa. 61:1-3 how Jesus ministry is described as one of comforting others. [The Holy our Comforter, John 14:25; Jesus our Comforter, John 14:16 (infer from another�); God our Comforter, Isa. 66:13]

      (From Springs in the Valley, Mrs. Charles E. Cowman)

      He answered never a word.� Matt. 27:14

      Not railing for railing; not a word. How much is lost by a word! Be still! Keep quiet! If they smite you on one cheek turn the other also. Never retort! Hush not a word!...

      Do not strive. Open not your mouth. Silence! A word will grieve, disturb the gentle dove. Hush not a word! Never mind your reputation or your character; they are in His hands; you mar them by trying to retain them.

      Are you misunderstood? Never mind!...Leave it to Him His to take care and to take charge.

      Are you wronged and your good name tarnished? All right! Be it yours to be meek and lowly; simple and gentle not a word! Let Him keep you in perfect peace; stay your mind on Him; trust in Him.

      Pause! Be still! Selah! Not a word, emphatically; not even a look that will mar the sweet serenity of the soul. Get still! Know God! Keep silence before Him. Stillness is better than noise….Be still. This is the voice of the Spirit.

      Let me no wrong or idle word
      Unthinking say;
      Set thou a seal upon my lips,
      Just for today.