Re: Psalm 23 - The correct translation

  • Thomas Mann George
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      Dear All,

      Even God has gifted our Holy Church with a true translation of Peseto Bible to Malayalam through Kaniyamparamil Achen, not sure how effectively our Holy Church is promoting its usage. Unfortunately years after the publication of the Vishudha Grantham, I have seen quite a lot of Church's still using other Malayalam translations like Sathya Vedapusthakam, POC Bible etc. There are even lots of priests and evangelists in the Holy Church using verses from other Malayalam translations in their messages in Church's or even in audio \ visual medias. The preference written in Vishudha Grantham gives fare knowledge on the importance of using this correct translation of the Holy Bible.

      I'm not pointing anyone, however Holy Church should promote the priests and members to follow the true scriptures and thereby allow the members not to fall in Protestant teaching with their abbreviations. At least the MJSSA should initiate the usage of Vishudha Grantham in all the Sunday Schools so that the new generation may learn the correct verses and also the 11 Apocryphal books which are missing in most of the translations. I feel the usage of Apocryphal books is reasonably ignored among the members or rather unknown. They are the treasures which we got translated to Malayalam.

      Years back Radio Malankara had some initiative of making .mp3 versions of Vishudha Grantham(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOR-Forum/message/928).Have we progressed anything on that? Also there was some talks on the availability of Vishudha Grantham(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/17743). I guess having further editions, now it is available in most of our book stores.

      Do the Holy Church have any circular to the members to only use Vishudha Grantham as reference? Is it ever declared as the official Bible of Malankara Church to follow? Shouldn't it be corrected if the Church has lacked somewhere spreading the true scriptures to the sheep's even we were gifted with it?

      In HIS Love,

      Thomas Mann George, KL,
      ID 972