Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 5, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “By his wounds we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5)

      Missing boy saves countless children!

      If we contemplate failures, miseries, tragedies and even death, we realize they ultimately bear fruit to benefit in some way or the other. It is definitely painful but there is a master plan of God for everything for the better. We should not be mere spectators in front of failures and tears. Wherever there are tears, we should be the apostles of comfort and work out ways so that it does not happen again. Then we can alleviate most of the sorrows and tears from our homes, churches and societies at large. The death and inflicted bruises on the body of God almighty, ‘JESUS’ ultimately brought healings and peace on all his creations. When we contemplate on His wounds in our sickness , failures and troubles, it will bring healings, peace and comfort. “But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed - “(Isaiah 53:5}. “It would be good for one man died for the people.” - Caiaphas, the high priest - (John 18:14)

      ETAN PATZ, missing since Friday May 25th, 1979, in New York, USA, was born on October 9th, 1972 - 6 years, Male, white, height 40 inches, weight 50 lbs, blond hair, blue eyes, wearing black pilot cap blue pants. Anyone having any information are requested to call (212) 374-6913. Still, ETAN is a mystery - where is he? And if he was killed, where is his body and who is the culprit? It was the first day he had walked two blocks to the school bus stop by himself. Etan had begged his parents to let him go alone and they relented. After that, his family never saw him again. Still waiting, they live in the same So Ho loft and have the same telephone number. Etan had been declared dead in 2001, but his body was never found. In April 2012, the FBI pulled apart a basement near his home looking for evidence, but did not find any.

      In the decades since Etan’s disappearance, helpful measures have been implemented, such as the Amber Alert, a system for quickly broadcasting news of abductions, and Megan’s law, a public registry of sex offenders. Wal-Mart missing children boards - found in every store, have recovered 324 children. Recovery rates have improved enormously, jumping from 62% in 1990 to 97% in 2011. Since 1984, the NCMEC has helped find more than 169,000 children. There are still lots of children missing, but there is no question that Etan has saved countless children.

      Prayer: Jesus, save all our missing children. We pray for all the parents and relatives whose children have gone missing. Let the sex offenders and abductors be put to justice and may they be convinced of their heinous crimes. We pray for all the people and agencies who put in efforts untiringly to find the missing children. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Sunday, 6th May, 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V