Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1568 , May 4, 2012
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "The good workman with assurance receives the bread of his labor; the slack and slothful cannot look his employer full in the face. It is our duty, therefore, to be prompt to do good; for on Him depends everything. Indeed, He says to us by way of warning: 'Here comes the Lord, and with Him comes the award He makes, to pay each one according to his work.' He urges us on, therefore, to trust in Him with all our heart and not to be slack and indolent in any good work. Let Him be our boast and the ground of our confidence; let us be subject to His will; let us consider the vast multitude of His angels, and see how they stand in readiness to minister to His will."

      St. Clement of Rome.

      "May the Lord fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand." Psalm 20:5-6
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1568 of 1568 , Feb 7 6:32 PM

        "A burning-glass only sets fire to wood, paper, or any other combustible material when we place it in such a position that the rays of the sun, concentrated in the focus of the glass, being all concentrated upon one point of the object, will act upon it through their entire combined power, and thus direct upon the object, as it were, the whole sun on a small scale. It is thus also during prayer, when our souls are warmed, vivified, and inflamed by the wise sun - God, when through our intellect, acting like the burning-glass, we direct upon our heart, as the spiritual point of our being, the mental Sun, and when it acts upon the heart with all its singleness and power."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."  Colossians 3:2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.