Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1877 , May 3 1:48 PM
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "The state of love may be recognized in the giving of money, and still more in the giving of spiritual counsel and in looking after spiritual needs."

      St. Maximos the Confessor.
      "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1877 of 1877 , May 21 5:36 PM
        Rejoice! Christ is Risen!

        "As for you, my son, shun the satisfactions of this age, so as to be happy in the age to come. Do not be negligent, letting the days pass by till unexpectedly they come looking for you and you arrive at the straits of your anguish and the ‘horror-faces’ surround you and drag you off violently to their dark place of terror and anguish. Do not be sad when you are cursed by men; be sad and sigh when you sin - this is the true curse - and when you go away bearing the sores of your sins."

        St. Pachomius the Great, Pachomian Koinonia III.

        "Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever."  Psalm 28:9

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Bashans, May 22, is:
        15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. 16 A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father. 17 Then some of His disciples said among themselves, What is this that He says to us, `A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, `because I go to the Father'? 18 They said therefore, What is this that He says, `A little while'? We do not know what He is saying. 19 Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, `A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'? 20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. 21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. 23 And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. (John 16:15-23)
        Departure of St. Pachomius (Pakhom), the Father of the Spiritual Communal Monastic life (Cenobitic life).
        Martyrdom of St. Epimachus (Ephimachus) of Pelusium.

        The Bible reading for the 15th of Bashans, May 23, is: John 16:23-33
        Martyrdom of St. Simon the Zealot, the Apostle who is known by (Simon the Canaanite).
        Martyrdom of 400 martyrs in Dandara (Denderah).
        Commemoration of St. Mina the Deacon.

        Prayer Requests:

        Anthony C. - Heart surgery on 5/25 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness