Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 2, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst, indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:14)

      David Cameron’s ex-girlfriend finally finds rest in Jesus and has become a nun.

      The truth is that till we find rest in Jesus, our hearts will be restless. There is no thirst to compare with the thirst of the soul. No material things (water) can quench this thirst but the spirit of God and his ways. We would not think of depriving our bodies of food and water when they hunger or thirst. Why then should we deprive our souls? The living word and its way of holy living can satisfy our hungry and thirsty souls. The most popular celebrities of the 20th and 21st centuries, Pop king Michel Jackson and beauty queen singer, Whitney Houston ended their lives in sedatives and drugs. But the irony is that the mass are under their spell to drink the ever thirsting water of depression and death. Contrary to this, the King of Kings and God of Gods, Jesus, stands as the resurrected victor from His graveyard transmitting the joyous light of eternity and offering the water of eternity in perpetuity, but the people by-pass him!

      Laura Adshead, the ex- girl friend of British Prime Minister David Cameron, left politics and worked in advertising but took to drinking and drug addiction before finally becoming a nun in the US. The stress of success proved too much for her and she found solace in alcohol and drugs. This also did not help her find peace and happiness. Finally finding salvation in God at an Abbey in Connecticut, she became a nun. She says, “I did think my life would progress on the normal tracks of meeting someone, marrying, having children, but that is not the path God has led me.” She continues, ”I feel like I tried most things in life that are supposed to make you happy. That journey took me into alcoholism and drug addiction.” She took her vow four years ago, but the process lasts for five and a half years following which she will be eligible to assume the title of ‘Mother’.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us find perfect solace in You. Don’t wean us away to this mirage of worldly attractions and addictions for the catastrophic end. We pray for those who are in the pursuit of materialism and may they come out from it. Let all the clouds of doubt vanish from our minds to be one with You. Let Your spirit of eternal bliss descend on all your people. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Thursday, 3rd May 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V