PIRAVOM

  • Chev. Adv. Philip John
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2012
    DEAR FRIENDS,

    I happened to read the trems of the agreement relating to the Cathedral Declaration.

    I am attaching it herewith.

    We all have read what the eminent Judges of Supreme Court have said about the illegal agreement reached by Enrica Lexie[Italian Ship] with the wife of the deceased fishermen.

    IT IS A SURPRISE THAT THIS ISSUE WENT TO THE MEDIATION CELL OF THE HIGH COURT.

    The Supreme Court of India has held that in representative suits involving interests of several people, mediation/conciliation process is illegal.

    The present agreement is, therefoe, illegal and violation of the law of the land declared by the Supreme Court of India.
    REGDS,
    ADVOCATE P J PHILIP,
    E-187/KOCHI
  • Biju Varghese
    Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2012
      Respected Chevalier,

      It may please be noted that none of the issues in O. S. 6/85 which is the representative suit pertaining to St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian church Piravom has been resolved by mediation. The mode of implementation of the unilateral decision of the District Collector Ernakulam alone has been decided by the mediation process. The supremacy of the parish assembly in decicing on temporal matters is corroborated by the agreement arrived at. How can it be termed as illegal?

      Thanking you

      Biju Varghese
      Piravom