Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 1, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “He shall set me high upon a rock.” (Psalm 27:5)

      Bible in hand, urge jailbirds to start a new life.

      In trouble and tribulations of life, we need a solid anchor to hold on to. Jesus is the rock for all those who are weary of life and troubled by sins. The word of God from the lips of the godly are always a solace to the troubled. People weep openly when they hear or read the word of God and his laws of life, and when they realize how far they are from obeying them. A careful reading of the Scripture always call for responses to the questions of our lives. What we should do with this knowledge? How should our lives change? How does this apply to my life? We must do something about what we have learned if it is to have real significance in our lives.

      The Tricky Chuck Colson, the tainted man of Watergate, the point man of the Late Richard Nixon, President of USA, led his three decades of repented and new born life in Christ and for Christ till he died on April 21st, 2012. He was 80 years old. In between the tainted incident of Watergate and prison life, he changed into a new person in Jesus after hearing his friend, Tom to find Jesus. It took him thirty years to convince the world that his conversion was sincere: three decades in which, building on his sobering seven months in jail, he set up a network of prison ministries in 115 countries-with scripture classes and prayer meetings. He visited hundreds of fetid cells with the Bible in hand, to urge jail birds to seek a new life and doing whatever needed doing, when Jesus asked.

      Prayer : Jesus, let all your creations come to you and get a new life with hope, love and faith. We pray for all the hardcore and hard-hearted sinners for true repentance and a new life in you and for you. As per your word, You do not like any sinners to die in their sins and perish. We accept that we are sinners and we pray to you to send your spirit to convince us of our sins and your judgement of justice. We pray for all the departed souls like Charles Colson, who made a choice to return to your fold. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Wednesday, 2nd May 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V