Re: Piravom and our other churches

  • Mathew George
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
      Dear All,

      We have been seeing some Methran kakshis propagating a lie that Piravom Jacobite Cathedral is being governed as per the 1934 constitution and that as such their Baba has every right to enter that church. Even our people have fallen into this propaganda and I received a few mails asking for clarification in this regard.

      This claim of methran kakshis is absurd and a lie.

      The dispute regarding the ownership of the Piravom church is still in the courts and pending final judgement. 1934 constitution comes into picture only because of the interim orders wherein the elections to the church managing committee was held as per the provisions of the 34 constitution. Nothing beyond that. Even while ordering this, the court ordered to hold the elections by a court appointed observer and not by the Methran kakshis. Those interim orders were valid only for that particular period - elections. End of the story.

      The elections are over and Methran kakshis could not even find candidates to field. Now, the Managing committee of the church manages the affairs of the church and being elected by an election conducted by the court, are the legal custodians of the church.

      The dispute whether this church is to be governed by 1934 constitution is yet to be judged.

      If any Methran kakshi claims that Piravom church is being goverened by 1934 constitution, he is lying.

      We sincerely lack a proper PRO for our church. Every time there is a dispute in any church, the Methran Kakshi point of view is getting wide coverage and publicity.

      Why can't the Church authorities appoint a PRO for the church, someone who is strong in his faith and convictions and not someone namesake who will react only if his name is highlighted in bold letters.

      Regards
      Mathew
      ID 4555