Our Daily Bread-A Long and Winding Path

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2012
      READ: Psalm 142

      When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path. Psalm 142:3

      Sometimes the path of life seems impossibly steep and lengthy. I have no strength and no will for the journey. Then I remember God knew this path long before I was called to walk it. He has always known the difficulties I would experience, the pain that I could never explain to another. He knows and offers His presence.

      Perhaps you're overwhelmed with sadness today. It may be the weight of a difficult ministry; the worry of a hard marriage; the sorrow of a struggling child; the care of an aging parent; other troubles that come with life. Surely,� you say, God would not have me walk this way. There must be another, easier path for me to travel.

      But are any of us wise enough to know that some other way would make us into better and wiser children? No, our Father in heaven knows the best path, out of all possible paths, to bring us to completion (Ps. 142:3).

      His ways are higher than our ways; His thoughts higher than our thoughts (Isa. 55:9). We can humbly take the path He has marked out for us today, and do so in absolute trust in His infinite wisdom and love. He is wiser and more loving than we can ever know. He who sees has foreseen and will not lead us astray. David Roper

      Be still and know that He is God
      For pathways steep and rough;
      Not what He brings, but what He is
      Will always be enough. Anon.

      God will never lead you down a wrong path.