Re: [SOCM-FORUM] RCC communion

  • John Philip
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 15, 2002

      Thomas_ Pal  brother,

       In your last response to me, you severely criticized all our SyrianFathers.  Here again you are criticizing only our bishops. Why you are not looking into your own community instead of digging into others.  Do you think everyone in your church are ok.  Can you deny the fact that even your church have reservations about many of your highest dignitaries.  In this era of switching loyalties for material gains, do you know there is a Very Important person in your Church who has stopped going to the Church itself.  Do you really wants to know why ?, Please come here at Kottayam and contact your top Church dignitary and enquire who is it & why ?  Remember he has not switched sides, but stopped going to Churches and avoids all the Priests and Bishops.  This may eventually happen  among the entire Orthodox Christians of Kerala, if some continue to encroach their neighbors for material gains.

      You critisize us for so called aristocratic rich persons in our Church who creates problems.  Whatever you tries to say, the Malankarites knows very well in which group this so called aristocratic group belongs and their role in manipulating everything, for their perosnal gains.  You come here to Kottayam and verify whether anyone in our Church had occupied any of the Church properties.  Now check if there are anyone in your Church with that culture.  Come to Kottayam and ask your leadership.

      Now one more thing, you criticize us saying that we are appreciating only the foreign (what is foreign?) fathers.  Every one here knows the fact that, we have many other Holy Fathers in India, like  Pulikottil Thirumeni, Parumala Thirumeni, Kadavil Thirumeni, Ambattu Thirumeni, Paulose Mor Koorilose Thirumeni , Athansius Valiya Thirumeni , late Catholica Baselious Paulose II Bawa, late Koorilose Thirumeni and many others.  You just come over here to India and enquire how we consider them. For persons like you, we are only after the foreigners, that's the mistake you always try to conclude.  Who really are the foreigners ? You or me?
      Now whatever you tries to argue, the fact is that that atleast some of the Syrian fathers have suffered much, which is accepted by the forefathers of all the people of the two Orthodox Churches in India.  If you have any doubt read once again the extract from the biography published by Manorama.   In a book by a priest published from your Kottayam Seminary a few years back, he criticized Pulikottil Thirumeni for his support of Antiochean fathers, but at the same time he is avoiding criticizing Parumala Thirumeni who was Pulikottil Thirumeni's closest aide and Patriarch's secretary and closest companion, and a strong supporter of all the decisions taken by the Patriarch.  So why you criticize Pulikottil Thirumeni only ? you and every one knows the reason.  Do you know Parumala Thirumeni had appeared in the local court continuously for 14 days.  What he has declared there is a historical record which is available in court records. It is certainly not the faith of the present Independent groups.

      Anyhow let us all stop these arguments, which in no way, either of us will win, but only increase the enmity.  If you want to continue with your silly arguments, please respond it in your forums, there are many persons to listen and appreciate you.  Please, avoid us.  We are poor Syrian Christians of Kerala.  In this way we can be good neighbors.

      END.

      Download exciting Logos, Picture Messages & Ringtones for your mobile phonenew
    • Fr. John Kunjukunju
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 15, 2002
        Dear Reji,
        I fully agree with many of your observations and yet there is a little difference.
        I would share my experience. Truly, I came�into the priesthood through gospel speech. More clearly, my then vicar use to offer me chance to speak once in a while. People then used to appreciate by fabulous words. But when I�became a priest people's attitude changed. I used to�confuse if I had changed. The fact is people do not like to hear gospel. The first and only complaint about me is that my speeches are long. People do not have patience to hear much The first instruction I received from the honorable faithful - rather administrators - is that gospel should not exceed 10 minutes. Even that 10 minutes speech should be only certain statements like "Neethisaram." Service should be cut short, etc. Nowadays people are more educated and affluent than priests in most cases and they think the priest has no right to�advise/correct them and gospel in its true spirit invariably involves certain amount of advise and correction�and call spade a spade.�The priests are mere paid servants and ironically in our church and in this diocese (USA) especially�no priest is paid a salary. Maximum is a hundred dollar per service in most cases. In other words, they are merely "Kurbanathozhilalikal." I doubt how this generation shall escape the wrath of God and if you say so you will be evicted out. In this pathetic situation blaming priests alone will not be fair. Honestly, I am the one regretting having taken up this robe and cannot do anything. Love, Johnachan.
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 18, 2002
          Dear freind,
          This is not theology.This is just psycology.What I see
          is a sort of mixed hatred.Like ,your loved thing in
          with someone.You are burning with that feeling.Inside
          you the genetic jacobite feeling is there.But now you
          have taken up the new indian orthodox identity.
          Which you yourself feel is not the real one.Step
          Father cannot be the real father.
          So ddonot fight this false fight you get hurt.
          What we were taught by our fathers are to be believed
          and accepted.There is nothing better outside.We are
          thomas,mathais,kuriakose etc from the day xtians are
          in Kerala.I donot want bto change names.
          Regards

          --- thomas_pa1 <thomas_pa1@...> wrote:
          > Dear Achen, Forgive me. Don't give me any special
          > respect because
          > my parent if from Malankara Jacobite side. Treat me
          > just like
          > you want to treat a Malankara Orthodox Christian or
          > the way you
          > want to treat an Indian Christian.
          Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
          http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
        • thomas_pa1
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 21, 2002
            But now you
            > have taken up the new indian orthodox identity.
            > Which you yourself feel is not the real one.Step
            > Father cannot be the real father.
            > So ddonot fight this false fight you get hurt.
            > What we were taught by our fathers are to be believed
            > and accepted.There is nothing better outside.We are
            > thomas,mathais,kuriakose etc from the day xtians are
            > in Kerala.I donot want bto change names.
            > Regards

            Names like Oommen, Chacko, etc. are pure Indian names.
            We started using English first names only after
            CMS missionaries in India. Before this we used names
            like Chandy, Itty, Kochummen, chacko etc. You will not
            find such names in any other part of the world. Regarding
            ancestry, it is well written in my family history (the Pakalomattom
            one) that our ancestor was an Indian Brahmin. So there
            is no confusion here.

            But, in Orthodox confession, ethnicity is not important.
            This means equal importance to all ethnicities without
            reecting one's own God given identity. Our Indian identity
            is God given and hence blessed. We remember Coptic fathers
            like St. Cyril, St. Diascoros, not because of their Coptic
            ethincity, but because of their faith.

            There is no mixed emotions or confusion here. My confusion
            is about the way chevaliers's behaved to me in Kerala.
            As a young man, I am too worried about these chevaliers'
            splitting Malankara church for personal gains and destroying
            their real identiy. Knanaya is now going away based on their
            Syrian identity.

            Pray and work for unity based on Orthodox confession. One Malankara
            Synod is better than numerous divisions. I want all relatives to be
            under one Holy Synod. This will bring lots of peace in family
            life.

            Thomas