Rev. Fr. Today with Jesus

  • Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)

      Forgiveness in the court has the judge in tears.

      There is no wrong or sin that cannot be forgiven. Forgiveness is the hall mark of Christianity. If we do not forgive others, we cannot be bailed out from our sins. When someone dies, the affected family’s sorrow and anger is immeasurable and inconsolable. But in Christ, it should be forgiven because God died on the cross for us to make us his children. The correction, confession and remorse all depend on the conviction and desirable quid pro quo punishment as per the dictums of God’s law. The temporal court does go its own course as per the rule of law based in the Scripture.

      23 year old Lindsay Tammings was struck by the car of Jose Cobaria when she was crossing the road and succumbed to her injuries in a hospital on September 16th, 2010. On Friday, the 20th of April 2012 in a court, Justice Hugh Atwood broke down when the young woman’s family members told the court they forgive Cobaria after the 60 year old pleaded guilty to failing to remain at the scene of the accident causing bodily harm. “We forgive him. We don’t want him and his family to suffer unduly,” the dead woman’s father, Edward Tamminga, told the judge during an emotional victim- impact statement. The teary-eyed judge then told the family,” I’m really, really sorry for your loss.”

      Prayer: Jesus, we forgive all the sins of others what they have done to us. Let us be cleansed from our sins to get your blessings. Let all of us have the spirit of forgiveness. Let not the offenders take it as the freedom to continue the wrongs but let them feel remorse and turn away from their sins in life. We pray for the family of Tamming for their spirit of forgiveness. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Saturday 28 April 2012