Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 26, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      " I wish my master would go to see the prophet in Samaria. He would heal him of his leprosy.” ( 2 Kings 5:3)

      The gospel message of life everlasting is preached through the hands of a Doctor.

      All diseases are healable for Jesus. Healings is not done for its own sake but to know the power behind it and the purpose behind it and the world behind it. Where there is no sickness, its eternity with Jesus. A maid girl who was worshiping the true God and knowing the prophet of the Almighty- the healer, Elisa, was spirited to direct her master, Naaman to the prophet to heal his leprosy. That made the pagan worshipper to worship the true God and made him clean from his leprosy. We are all here and doing different jobs only to know Jesus and his salvation, and direct others to him and live with him in eternity. We should be faithful to our purpose where God has putus. No matter how humble or small or how great and powerful your positions, spread God's word.

      Dr. Erine Steury, a surgeon at Tenwek Hospital in Kenya, was the instrument to spread the Gospel to his patients. Having faced the death of a pregnant woman due to the lack of timely attention of a doctor and the crying of her husband to do something to give her life, made Steury dedicate his life for the sake of Christ through his profession in Kenya. He says, “What crushed me more than the loss of life was that she died never once having heard the Gospel message of life everlasting. Thousands of people die every day without contemplating life after death or knowing that Jesus freely offers salvation. This is what compels me to remain in the African jungle. I sensed the call of God upon my heart to serve him through medicine and this is how I have spent my life, spreading the Gospel message in this part of the world, and it is humbling to do so, in His name.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us stirred to be witness for you in our positions. Let all the doctors follow your footsteps of healing by humbling themselves in you. Strengthen their hands and heal all the patients who come to them. Let others be motivated by their level of compassion and commitment to serve patients. We pray for those patients who are still living without any hope and waiting to be healed. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Friday 27th April 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V