Piravom and our other churches

  • Thoppil John George
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2012
      Dear all,

      I agree with Mr Abraham Id 3567 in Digest no 3997  that we must be much more proactive for the very survival of our church.

      The IO church is behaving with a predator mindset.   There is complete peace in all their churches, particularly in the south.  They are now on the prowl, to destroy us.   Their mission is to Capture or close down churches where the Jacobites are in overwhelming majority.

      They are motivated by wishfull images of   the scattered members of our church, eventually surrendering to Devalokam control, when the capture/closing down of our churches is complete  and our bishops and priests flee.

      A world without  Jacobites is evidently the dream of the IO church- A strange mission for a christian church- the true followers of the so called ORTHODOX  faith.  Their leaders are learned.  HOLY when eyes are closed in prayers.  Once they open their eyes and see real people, learning is forgotten and lost to Evil.  Evil rules.

      They yell  "Implement the constitution which commands them to keep the churches from where some one attended their association meeting.  They say "Even if we want to, we don't have the power to forego the churches because our constitution says so."

      Mor Athanasius and Militheos  have bequeathed the remaining part of their lives to deny the very people who were entrusted to their spiritual care of even their places of worhip.     These betrayers are living in plundered properties of  our people.  We must try to retake them.  Let their evil minds be busy to retain what they have already taken, and forget about scheming to plunder more.

      Even though we have bodies like "Anthikya Viswasa Samrak...samithi" these are not enough. We need to co-ordinate our activities to protect each and every parish of our church much more effectively. And increase our efforts to retake  lost properties atleast to keep them busy. We need a task force with highly motivated and capable people who can device and implement strategies, with support/representation from parish churches to keep our church safe from predators.

      Regards,
      George Thoppil
      Id 2623
    • Chev.PJ Philip
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2012
        DEAR FRIENDS,

        1] The Piravom Church saga is strange and weird. It seems that people are forgetting the the Court Orders ,

        2] It is obvious to everyone that the Suit relating to Piravom Church is still pending in the First Additional District Court, Ernakulam. It is in advanced stage of trial. O S No 6 of 1985 instituted by the Orthodox Group to declare that the Piravom Church is to be administered by the 1934, Constitution,IS BEING CONSIDERED by the Said Court.

        3] Broadly speaking, during the pendency of the Suit the plaintiffs and their Group[Orthodox Church] ought not to disturb the existing state of affairs in the Church. There does not seem to be any Court order permitting the Orthodox Church dignitaries to Conduct religious services in the Piravom Church.

        4] Any action taken by the authorities in de facto possession will be
        subject to the final result of the Suit also,

        5]Nothing prevented the Orthodox Church from moving appropriate application in the above mentioned Court to get reliefs of allowing them to conduct religious services etc. They fully know that they will not get any positive orders because it will upset the status quo.

        6] Therefore, the political game by making the Ernakulam District Collector ,the scapeboat.

        7] I am not forgetting that some interim orders were passed by the trial court and High Court of Kerala directing election of the managing committee through Advocate Commissioner by following the procedure mentioned in the 1934, Constitution.All those are interim arrangement subject to the final result of the Suit.No final rights are conferred by interim orders.

        8] There was a strange direction in AIR 1998 Kerala 237 that each voter is holding an office in the Malankara Church and,therefore, should swear allegiance to the 1934, Constitution to get voting rights.This was a misinterpretation of directions contained in AIR 1997 SC 1035 WHICH ITSELF WAS ONLY A TRANSITORY ORDER. At any rate all these are interim orders which will not survive the suit,

        9] Those elected through interim measures of the Court are holding office as Receivers of the Court. NO AUTHORITY HAS THE RIGHT TO INTERFERE WITH THEIR ADMINISTRATION WITHOUT SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS FROM THE COURT.

        The Collector was wrong. Those who participated in his meeting silently=representatives of both factions= were stupid and obviously had hidden agenda. It is undue interference with due process of law.

        REGDS,
        PJ Philip,
        Member no - 187
      • Mathew George
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2012
          Dear All,

          The devil in Devalokam is out there with his devilish grin to capture our churches because he has never known the pain of losing or closing down of Churches built by the Parishioners.

          This devil was ready to go down on his knees in front of the Parishioners of Vennikulam Church and kiss their feet and give in to their demands when there was threat of losing that church. Then, the 1934 Constitution was being used as toilet paper in Devalokam. But when parishioners of Kolenchery and other problematic Jacobite churches aske for the same privileges, the evil inside him comes out in full force.

          It is high time we stop being defensive and take the fight to their churches and homes. I am sure the elders of this forum will not agree with me.. But until the terrorist is terrorized, he won't stop hitting out at us.

          We have to start legal proceedings to take back our Mannuthy and Moovattupuzha aramanas, sitting inside which two 'specimen of ingratitude & disobedience' are spitting venom at the same Church and the same people who made them what they are today.

          Let this call not fall on deaf ears. We, the youth of the church are going ahead with this agenda. It is high time we reacted and react in the only way Methran kakshis understand - hit them where it hurts most.

          Regards
          Mathew
          ID 4555
        • Sabu Alias
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2012
            Chev ,PJ Philip wrote that "The Collector was wrong. Those who participated in his meeting silently=representa tives of both factions= were stupid and obviously had hidden agenda. It is undue interference with due process of law."

            With due respect to  your position let me codemn your words. Being a Chev you should have enquired  the truth. The truth is that collector issued that stupid order without hearing the Jacobites who constitute more than 90% of Piravom Church. He lied to everbody that he heard both the factions. The fact is that the IOC liars represented as both the faction and the collector ,respecting the pressure from Govt. simply issued the order ,which is the only problem there.  Our church is being discriminated in a horriffic manner by the media and the Govt.  4 days we had to take a "Prarthana Yanjam" to block the IOC satans from entering the Holy church premises but there was no coverage. When contacted the Manorama Muvattupuzha office, they informed that there is a clear cut instruction from EKM not to cover that!! But when the Paulose catholica reached piravom  from Kottayam with the escort of 3 van police (Thiruvanchoor Gave 3 Van police escorts.

            Besides the 1200 police force already at Piravom. In fact Thiruvanchoor considered Piravom as a battle ground) ie on state expenditure , there was a rush of channels to cover that . There were hardly 100 people inside their Chappel. Still they projected the incident as a Church dispute rather than the problem created by a fake order. The public still dont know the fact that EKM collector passed a fake order by which Govt can snatch anybody's property without even serving a notice. The "Mudiyanaya Puthran " from Konattu was charging his less than 100 followers with all type of lie(I myself was present there at that time).

            Any way the  God helped the poor jacobites in many way . We hope only in that vertical relation .  There were a number of believers from Mamalassery  under the leadership of Pullyattachan . The same from Pazhamthottam and Vettithara. We thanks all of them for  their concern about the church.

            So  Chev ,people like you should try your level best to propagate the truth and be in constant prayer for us. Dont tell something which you hear from IOC ,the inborn liars. They misled everybody including you.

            Sabu Alias
            3323
          • Chev. Philip P J
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 23, 2012
              DEAR FRIEND,

              I did not hear anything from anyone. I just wrote the message without talking to anyone but going by reports in papers.

              I only said that if any person participated in a conference with the Collector before he passed the order,it was not nice. If anyone did go there, he should have shown the guts to tell the Collector that the Orthodox faction have no legal right in Piravom Church. This is what I meant.

              I did not say that anyone from Piravom Church participated.I know for sure that representatives of Piravom Church were not called.

              The Order of the Collector should have been immediately challenged.

              REGDS,
              PHILIP P J
              Member no - 187

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 29, 2012
                Dear All,

                We have been seeing some Methran kakshis propagating a lie that Piravom Jacobite Cathedral is being governed as per the 1934 constitution and that as such their Baba has every right to enter that church. Even our people have fallen into this propaganda and I received a few mails asking for clarification in this regard.

                This claim of methran kakshis is absurd and a lie.

                The dispute regarding the ownership of the Piravom church is still in the courts and pending final judgement. 1934 constitution comes into picture only because of the interim orders wherein the elections to the church managing committee was held as per the provisions of the 34 constitution. Nothing beyond that. Even while ordering this, the court ordered to hold the elections by a court appointed observer and not by the Methran kakshis. Those interim orders were valid only for that particular period - elections. End of the story.

                The elections are over and Methran kakshis could not even find candidates to field. Now, the Managing committee of the church manages the affairs of the church and being elected by an election conducted by the court, are the legal custodians of the church.

                The dispute whether this church is to be governed by 1934 constitution is yet to be judged.

                If any Methran kakshi claims that Piravom church is being goverened by 1934 constitution, he is lying.

                We sincerely lack a proper PRO for our church. Every time there is a dispute in any church, the Methran Kakshi point of view is getting wide coverage and publicity.

                Why can't the Church authorities appoint a PRO for the church, someone who is strong in his faith and convictions and not someone namesake who will react only if his name is highlighted in bold letters.

                Regards
                Mathew
                ID 4555