Organised prayers

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Dear All,

      Many among us some times complain that our prayers are
      lengthy and they do not fully understand that etc.
      Some feel the self-prayers like few Protestants group
      have is more effective.
      They feel it may be more pleasing to God also.
      Some one wrote that we do not need priests
      and bishops also. I agree, that Pentecost
      type prayers have more punch in it.
      Our prayers and mass should be acceptable to God.
      As a person bought up in our system, I enjoy our
      ways. But occasionally when I see people oppose
      that, I used to look for reasons to justify our systems.
      I request the more learned among us to come
      forward with more effective arguments to explain our prayers.
      When Jesus was asked, by his disciples to teach them
      how to pray he did not tell them to pray as they like, but gave
      The concise Prayer that we all use today as Lord’s prayer.
      The first line of bishops (elder/leaders of the church) were the ones who
      was more
      nearer to Jesus life. Also the bible witnesseth that they received the Holy
      Ghost
      abundantly.It is believed that our Qurbana ‘thaksa’ was first followed by
      Christ’s
      brother himself.(Pl correct if I am wrong)
      The Holy Spirit must have thus guided the system of payers devised by them.
      With this much as background, I would like to bring to our attention
      how God was pleased when people, priests and king gathered in the temple
      and prayed to God with music and instruments. He came down there as cloud
      and all could feel His presence.
      I request all to read about this instance mentioned in Old Testament.
      (Read.2 Chronicles 5: 11-14)

      Regards
      vmt