Re: Pazhamthottam Church dispute - An inside story

  • Varghese Abraham
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2012
      Dear all,
      It is not that simple, the politics within Congress. There is the old tussle between I and A factions still going on. Everyone knows that I is stronger in Ernakulam district and Jacobites in I faction have done their bit for the church, let us not forget that. What the current chief Minister is playing is a very clever game. He knows that the jacobites in Puthuppally/Manarcad trust him. The A group in Ernakulam who are jacobites survive because of him. He has tacitly given the silent nod for the current moves adversely affecting Jacobites knowing that any backlash from Jacobites helping LDF will bite the I group in Ernakulam district more than his A group. A group has actively worked to defeat Shri.P.P.Thankachan in elections many times. The reverse also must be true, I trying to defeat A, but A does not have much root in Ernakulam district so I probably does not need to sweat that much. That is politics.

      He also realizes that he may not get a second chance at Chief Ministership. Looking at past UDF governments, each chief Minister had not even completed a full term since Shri.Karunakaran's term from 1982 to 1987. IOC knows this is the best shot they can make for a long time. Thank God that the majority is razor thin, otherwise, things could have been worse. These do not in anyway take away the other qualities of our Chief Minister who is down to earth and works very hard for the people of Kerala.

      IOC will do well to remember that SOC had gone through worse times, in 1970s.But our support comes from God and we exist because of our love for our father in heaven and earthly father Patriarch, not for physical possessions. God will provide, just like in 1970s.

      Prayers,
      Varghese Abraham
      From the desk of the Moderators:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If you do not have a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperatio