Reception to Catholicose H.B. Baseliose Thomas I and silver jubilee celebration

  • Moderator, SOCM
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Reception to catholicose H.B. Baselios Thomas I and silver jubilee celebrations
      of the priesthood of Fr. Joseph C Joseph, vicar, St Mary's Syrian
      Orthodox church, Atlanta, GA.

      Programs:

      16th May, 2003,Friday, 7.30 pm
      Reception to Catholicose H.B. Baselios Thomas I,along with H.E.
      Yuhanon Mor Philexinos (Malabar),and H.E Mathews Mor Ivanios (N.
      America)

      17th, May 2003, Saturday 8.30 am
      Holy Qurbono
      chief celebrant : H.B. Baseliose Thomas I, Catholicose of the East

      11.45am
      Banquet to celebrate the silver jubilee of the priesthood of Fr.
      Joseph C Joseph (vicar).

      For further informations, please contact:

      Rev Fr. Joseph C Joseph
      Tele: 770-435-2295.

      Or
      Jossy John
      (Treasurer)
      Tele: 678-615-1281

      St Mary's Syrian Orthodox church
      Atlanta (Lilburn), GA

      Moderators,
      SOCM Forum

      From the desk of moderators:

      We take this opportunity to congratulate our beloved Rev. Fr. Joseph on
      his 25th anniversary celebrations of priesthood.
      Rev. Fr. Joseph, is the first ordained priest for the Malankara syrian
      orthodox church in USA.He was ordained priest by late lamented, H. E. Mar Athanasius Yesue Samuel (USA, of SOC) on March, 12, 1978 in Dallas. He organized and incorporated St. Ignatius church Dallas and St Mary's Houston, TX serving as the first priest and vicar at both churches.Today the St Ignatius church in Dallas has grown to three churches ( St Ignatius Syrian orthodox church, St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church and St Thomas Knanaya church). He also organized the church in Atlanta GA,(1987) for the Malankara syrian orthodox community and serve as the vicar and priest there. His efforts in establishing a church in Chicago (St George syrian orthodox church) also deserve remarkable credit to his life.
      The syrian orthodox people in USA, especially at Atlanta, are blessed to have Rev. Fr. Joseph as their priest.His dedication and hard work for the Syrian orthodox community in USA is remarkable.
      May God bless him and give him long life to serve the people of Syrian orthodox church in USA.
      Forum moderators,
      SOCM forum

      Links:
      http://www.stmaryschurchatlanta.com/