VELLORE SANTHWANA CENTRE consecrated

  • SyrianChurch.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2012
      SANTHWANA GUIDANCE & COUNCELLING CENTRE at Vellore
      The Consecration of the first phase of the building of the SANTHWANA GUIDANCE & COUNCELLING CENTRE, a dream project of the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Church at VELLORE in the South Indian State of Tamil Nadu, has been held on 24 March 2012. The holy ceremony was led by H.B. Mor Baselios Thomas-I, Catholicos of the Syrian Church in India and assisted by Metropolitan H.E. Mor Gregorios Joseph, the Secretary of the Malankara Synod and Metropolitan H.E. Mor Alexandrios Thomas, under whose guidance and patronage the centre has been founded.

      The public function held soon after the holy ceremony was inaugurated by His Beatitude the Catholicos Mor Baselios Thomas-I and presided over by the Synod Secretary H.E. Joseph Mor Gregorios. A souvenir related to the founding & functioning of the Santhwana Centre was released by Dr. Jacob Jose the Medical Superintendent of Vellore Christian Medical Centre (C.M.C.). Earlier the welcome speech was delivered by the director & mentor of the ‘Sathwana Centre’ Mor Alexandrios Thomas Metropolitan. Many number of Church members and well-wishers in and around the place attended the ceremonies.

      The Santhwana Centre located near to the famous ‘Christian Medical Centre’ (one of the largest health care institutions in India dedicated to providing quality medical education and health care in the spirit of Christ to all society, especially the poor and the disadvantaged), has been founded years back under the patronage of Metropolitan Mor Thimotheos Thomas the then diocesan bishop of undivided Outside Kerala diocese and assisted by Fr. Thomas Nerianthara a priest from the Kottayam diocese. Within a few years of service, a land was bought for the Centre which has to be later disposed-off due to certain governmental restrictions regarding the building constructions. Later under the initiative of Fr. Thomas Nerianthara (presently the Metropolitan Mor Alexandrios Thomas) and the support of the Catholicos and Synod Secretary another piece of land where the project is presently going on has been bought and developed. On completion of the project a beautiful Church and more rooms for the patients and their bystanders will come up in the site.

      The present ministry of the Sathwana Centre includes financial help for the poor, free accommodation and other related help needed for the patients coming from far-away places to Vellore C.M.C. hospital. Accommodation and proper care are very much needed here since a vast majority of patients coming here are from other places including the nearby State of Kerala who face many difficulties inspite of the great care given by the C.M.C. hospital authorities. Also many people in South India prefer this hospital as their last resort since it is equipped with devoted doctors and advanced treatment methods.

      A dedicated team under the guidance and support of Metropolitan Thomas Mor Alexandrios, director of Santwana Centre, is regularly visiting the C.M.C. hospital and is extending much needed help for the inpatients including counseling and other services. In future the centre is aiming to cater more patients and extending further help for the needy.

      Link to the photos of the consecration ceremony
      http://syrianchurch.org/Photos/VelloreSanthwana/index.html
    • Geogy Abraham
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2012
        I pray Santhwana Center be useful to the poor and needy; and also useful to our people�who come from different parts of India/World..

        Praise the LORD..

        Regards
        Geogy