Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 9, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.”(Romans 10:15)

      “it’s OK to be outspoken about your faith.”-Tim Brow- New York Jets Quarterback- sports Celebrity.

      Jesus and his salvation should be conveyed to the world in all the means. Faith is to be practiced and proclaimed. Once you are spirit filled then that could not be hide. We have to contemplate day and night His word and thanks always his mercy. The morning prayer of Syriac orthodox church concludes,” how beautiful to sing your grate name, and to proclaim your mercy in the morning and your faith in the evenings.” In our assigned fields we should be witness for truth and Christ. When we should have to be exposed we should. The sports field is one of the bests to reach to the sprouting generation to Christ. Sports can be a medium for the word. Those who are talented in sports and games be gut to do so.

      Tim Tebow the spots celebrity draws 15,000 to Texas Easter Service on Sunday 8 April 2012. He was telling the gathering it’s important to be out spoken about faith while admonishing athletes about not being better role models. Tebow is a devout Christian, backup NFL quarterback and cultural phenomenon. He told the crowd he welcomed the attention on his convictions as well as the “Tebowing” prayer pose he often strikes on the field because it puts his faith and prayer in the public conversation. “It’s being talked about,” he said. “That’s exciting.” He shot at professional athletes who insist they are not role models. “Yes you are. You are just nota good one,” He does not hide who he is. One fan says,’ I’m fan of any pro athlete who stands up for his faith,” he said. “We are thrilled to be part of this. It’s not about football. What ever gets more people over to the cross, I’m in favour of.”

      Prayer.Jeus let us be witness for your love in all our fields of opportunity. Your love be proclaimed in the roof tops of all the people. Let those who are in the sports and cultural fields be faithful and role models for you. We pray for more Tebows with the guts to stand for you in the football and other sports and games.

      All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Tuesday 10 April 2012