Today with Jesus- Easter Sunday 2012

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “MARY,” Jesus said.” (John 20:16)

      Torn by grief but comforted by loving presence.

      Calling the name of “Mary”, Jesus revealed his resurrection first in the history of the world not to anyone, but to Mary Magdalene. Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out” - (John 10:3). Mary was one the most grieved ones among his followers for his death and burial. She was at the feet of the cross at his crucifixion and with the pall bearers and in the burial ceremony. She was not ready to leave the tomb of Jesus because for her everything was Jesus . And without him, her life, she thought, was meaningless, null and void. When Jesus spoke her name, then she recognized him as her Lord and God. Imagine the love that flooded her heart when she heard her saviour saying her name. Jesus is near to you when you are in grief by calling your name. Can you, like Mary, regard him as your Lord? Do you believe the resurrected Christ is ever with you in his holy spirit by calling your name to bear your burden of grief? No explanation, justification, theology, writings, logical arguments, enchanting melodious songs or tangible gifts will ever satisfy the thirst for water and hunger for food of your soul but by the resurrected Jesus, Jesus alone by his love who calls your name.

      “I was sitting, torn by grief. Someone came and talked to me of God’s dealings, of why it happened, of hope beyond the grave. He talked constantly, he said things I knew were true. I was unmoved except to wish he’d gone away. He finally did.

      Another came and sat beside me. He just sat beside me for an hour and more, listened when I said something, answered briefly, prayed simply and left. I was moved. I was comforted. I hated to see him go.”- JOSEPH BAYLY - written after he laid three of his sons in the grave.

      Can you be a witness for the resurrected Christ by your presence of love to others in their grief? Then the meaning of Easter is fulfilled.

      “My brothers and sisters, I bring you new glad tidings, Christ Has risen from the tomb and has struck His enemies behind him. Yes, indeed he has risen. We believe and confess that He has risen.”

      Prayer: Jesus, we thank you for your mercy for letting us participate in your resurrection - the great Sunday, Easter Sunday. Let us be witnesses for you on this earth to those who are living in fear and grief from their departed ones. Let your peace reside in our homes, churches and the world at large. Let us strive to bring peace on earth by your strength. Let us know others by saying their names. Let the intercession of Mary Magdalene be a blessing for us. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Aachen

      Sunday, 8th April 2012