Easter Message Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2012
      THE SYRIAC ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF
      EASTERN UNITED STATES
      (Under the Holy Apostolic See of Antioch & All the East)

      Dr. Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim
      Archbishop

      “Why do you seek the living among the dead?

      He is not here, but is risen.” Luke 24: 5-6

      As Christians throughout the world celebrate Easter, the greatest of all Christians Holidays, let us reflect on the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to pay for our sins by His death on the cross. Having completely paid for our sins, He rose from the dead and now offers us eternal life. By accepting Christ’s payment for our sins, the matter of our eternal destiny is determined, once and for all. What we celebrate goes beyond the discovery of the empty tomb and the physical resurrection of the Lord. We are in reality celebrating our own triumph over death and evil. Yet, we continue to witness destruction and death in many areas in the world because of our selfishness and unfaithfulness to the Lord.

      Every year around this time the earth puts on its majestic spring colors as a sign of a new life cycle, which brings joy and comfort to humans. Easter for us is celebration of our new life in Christ our Lord. In his first epistle St. Peter gives praise to God the Father for: “He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead”. (1 Peter 1: 3). Let us open our hearts and minds to be filled with the joy of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, which invites us to renewal every moment of our lives.

      I pray to the Almighty that He may bless and protect you and your loved ones during this blessed Feast of His Resurrection.

      Yes, Christ is Risen! He is indeed Risen.

      Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim,
      Archbishop