Malankara World Journal Holy Week Special 4 (Easter) is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Holy Week Special 4 (Easter) - Issue 70
      (April 7, 2012) is available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_70.htm

      As I write this, we have just concluded our Good Friday Services in
      Cleveland. Rev. Fr. Dr. Geevarghese Kunnath, MD from Louisville, KY was
      the celebrant. At the end of a long service, achen gave a short message.
      He pointed out the beauty of the Good Friday Service. Achen said, if you
      listen carefully, the service or namaskaram covers the entire salvation
      history and God's plan for redemption of the fallen man. Our thaksa was
      prepared when the communication systems were very primitive - no
      computers, no internet or facebook. But look at how beautifully the
      supplication services and the liturgy were codified. The gospels are
      interspersed with selected psalms; it blends beautifully to provide the
      whole picture.

      Jesus used very simple words to communicate. Most of the teachings were
      with simple parables. The Sermon on the Mount can be broken into simple
      segments and it touched those listening. Except for a few passages in
      the Gospel of John, Jesus' so-called sermons were very simple ones. That
      simplicity can be seen in the passion week too. His mission was to come
      as a human being, die for the sins of the humanity as a sacrificial
      lamp, get buried and rise on the third day, thus conquering death. Jesus
      said the key to the whole gospel is 'Love." Love God, Love your friends,
      Love your neighbor, Love your family, Love and have fellowship with
      those who worship with you in the church. He has shown, by his life, how
      to do this. We learned of the concept of unconditional love - a concept
      called agape love.

      So, as we attend the Easter Services, focus on Love. Every thing else
      will fall in place. We wish you all a blessed Easter.

      Dr. Jacob Mathew

      =======================

      Table of Contents Holy Week Special 4 (Easter) Issue No: 70

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Bible Readings for Easter Sunday

      3. Sermons for Easter Sunday
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-for-Passion-week_Easter.htm

      Malankara World Special Supplement for Passion week and Easter:
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Passion/Default.htm

      4. Featured: Easter Message From Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas 2012
      We are glad to share with you the Peace and Joy of a blessed Easter even
      though there is turbulence all over the world especially in the Middle
      East. We are really worried about the situation in Syria. However, we
      place our hope in the risen Lord who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. ...

      5. The Meaning of the Resurrection
      The Apostles believed in Christ's Resurrection and bore witness to it
      and preached it as a fundament of their faith in Jesus Christ. What are
      the theological dimensions and implications of this doctrine of faith?
      And today when we still teach that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead,
      what do we mean in fact? Archbishop Cyril S. Bustros explains ...

      6. Eight Reasons Why I Believe That Jesus Rose from the Dead
      A saving knowledge of Christ crucified and risen is not the mere result
      of right reasoning about historical facts. It is the result of spiritual
      illumination to see those facts for what they really are: a revelation
      of the truth and glory of God in the face of Christ — who is the same
      yesterday today and forever.

      7. What If There Is No Resurrection?
      To help us appreciate Christ's victory over the grave, let's consider
      what the outcome of life and death would be without resurrection. First
      of all, Jesus would still be dead. That means our faith in Him would be
      worthless, and our message to the world would be a lie. Not only that,
      but Jesus Himself would be proved a liar since He claimed that He would
      rise from the dead. ...

      8. Biblical Views: Making Sense of the Unlikely Easter Story
      When you know the context of the New Testament texts—the world and
      cultures in and to which these stories were written—you quickly realize
      that sometimes the incongruities and unusual aspects in the story
      testify to their historical veracity and authenticity. ...

      9. Why is the Resurrection so Important?
      Young Christians who have just come into the faith often ask: Why is the
      resurrection so important? How can an event which took place 2,000 years
      ago have any relevance for us today? Three very simple statements (not
      original to me) will bring us to the heart of the matter. ...

      10. Recipe: Berry Mango Salsa

      11. Easter Brings Hope
      Easter is not about brightly colored eggs, wearing pastels, or enjoying
      a big meal, although it could include these. Easter is about the death
      and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

      12. Easter Night
      This very night, all that was foretold and promised through the prophets
      is fulfilled. In this night, all of salvation history takes place and
      Christ Jesus is raised from the dead! This night heralds the beginning
      of a new creation, for the women went to the tomb of Jesus "on the first
      day of the week," the moment of a new beginning. ...

      13. Reflecting God's Never-Ending Love for You
      God's love is everlasting! And when you have the love of God in your
      heart, you'll also begin to love others like God loves you. You'll learn
      to be patient, kind, slow to anger, and never failing. ...

      14. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_70.htm

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service