today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 6:24 PM
      Today with Jesus

      “Here is a boy with 5 small barley loaves and 2 small fish, but how far will they go among so many?” (John 6:9)

      Kids do care.

      Kids are the most vulnerable, exploited, misused and confused lot. They are punished for the wrongs and sins of the grown-up world. If we treat them and love them as God’s gift of love for the happiness of a home, and discipline them lovingly, then they will care for you and the society. They can stop all the wars and enmity, and create a heaven on earth. Empowering the children is the duty and responsibility of the parents, teachers, schools , priests, churches and the society at large. As they grow, let them understand and take the responsibility of the world around them which sustains life on earth.

      Sydney Schroeder is an example of caring for the less fortunate. Her 14th birthday party raised $237 to be split equally between the World Life Fund and the local charity. She asked her friends to use the money they would have spent on her presents for the causes she cares about. The birthday extravaganza of people around the world is a wanton waste and a crime to humanity when millions are going to bed without food and water.

      Sydney’s gesture is exemplary just as the lad in the Bible with 5 loaves of bread and 2 small fish that was given to be shared and feed the hungry.

      Prayer: Jesus, let our children be responsible and care for others. Let all the women be blessed with loving children. Let more and more children like Sydney surface in our homes, schools , churches, and public. We pray for all the children who are in pain and sorrow by the sins and wrong doings of the grownups. Let the abusers be punished and may they repent for their sins. We pray for the parents who are struggling to bring their kids in thy path. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Saturday, 7th April 2012