Living as a Dying Seed

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 6:50 PM
      Living as a Dying Seed

      John12: 23-28: “…Jesus replied, ‘The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? ’Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!" [Jesus spoke this on the last Sunday before His death - Palm Sunday.]

      Trials, sorrows, losses; these open the doors for us to inherit the glory (John 12:23;John 13:31; John 17:1) that shall be ours in the resurrection. As we humbly share in the Lord’s death, resurrection life sprouts in our deepest being by the work of the Spirit. A harvest shall follow. O Spirit of God, open our eyes. May we learn to give thanks for ourtrials.

      In the stillness and quietness of death as in a dying seed buried in the soil, we are freed from all that is of sin, Rom. 6:7-8:” For he who has died has been freed from sin…” Lord, let us live as a dying seed. Amen.

      Blessed be God for the glory that is ours as we die with Christ,

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington,D.C.