Our Daily Bread- What Do We see?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 9:48 AM
      READ: Luke 19:1-10

      The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. —Luke 19:10

      For many years, Allen Funt’s Candid Camera television program delighted viewers by using a hidden camera to catch
      the often hilarious reactions of ordinary people to unexpected
      situations. Their approach, according to his son Peter was: “We believe
      people are wonderful, and we’re out to confirm it.” Peter feels the
      perspective of some other similar shows is that “people are stupid, and
      we’re going to find ways to underscore that.”
      His comments point out that our view of people determines how we treat them.
      The citizens of Jericho were offended when Jesus went to the home of
      Zacchaeus the tax collector. “When they saw it, they all complained,
      saying, ‘He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner’” (Luke
      19:7). Yet, when Zacchaeus had a deep change of heart (v.8), Jesus told
      him, “Today salvation has come to this house . . . for the Son of Man
      has come to seek and to save that which was lost” (vv.9-10).
      My friend Bob Horner says, “When we see people as losers, we treat them
      with contempt. When we see them as lost, we treat them with compassion.”
      Jesus doesn’t see losers, only lost people He loves. When we look at others, who do we see? —David McCasland
      Oh, give me, Lord, Your love for souls,
      For lost and wandering sheep,
      That I may see the multitudes
      And weep as You did weep. —Harrison
      Those who have been found should seek the lost.