Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 4 1:48 AM
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “You will never get
      in here! Even the blind and lame could keep you out.” (2 Samuel 5:6)

      Which is more important - Job Security or God security?

      People are of the false notion that Job is more important than anything else. A well-paid job becomes the sole life ambition for a good future. Everything plays around the job and its income. But the
      reality is that we are happy and secure only when we seek God.
      Everything else is false security. Whether you are surrounded by mighty walls of stone, a comfortable home, or a secure job, no one can predict what tomorrow may bring. Our relationship with God is the only security that cannot be taken away.

      The fortress of Zion (Jerusalem) was located on a high ridge. It had a military advantage and boasted that no one would be able to get behind the impregnable walls of Zion. But they discovered that their walls could not protect them. David caught them by surprise by entering the city through the water tunnel.

      Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, had the highest security around her. Seven rings of security was provided to her after the Golden Temple episode - Blue Star Operation. But she was killed point blank by her own faithful Sikh bodyguards when she was strolling in her residence on 31st October 1984. Everything in her
      life was shattered within seconds.

      So no place is absolutely safe on this earth, but the safe hands of Jesus. He says, ”Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
      What can man do to me.” (Hebrews 13:5,6).

      Prayer: Jesus, let your protective wings always be around us. Let us
      live under the shadow of your wings. Let us be convinced that all other protections are secondary to your protection - our jobs, friends and families. All we ask in Jesus' name.

      Amen.
      Paulose Achen
      6 Friday April 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V