Syriac Orthodox Old Calendar vs New Calendar?

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2012
      On Malankarasyriacvoice.com I saw photos of Very Rev Fr. Theodre Cor Episcopus celebrating Palm Sunday at St. Ephraim's Syriac Orthodox Church in Perth.

      I was under the impression that the except the Jacobite Syrian Church of Malankara, the rest of the Syriac Orthodox Church follows the Old (Julian) Calender. So for the Syriac Orthodox Palm Sunday is this coming Sunday on 8-April. Is this different in Australia? In Australia does the Syriac Orthodox also follow the new (Gregorian) calendar as we do in Malankara?

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M