Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1390 , Apr 3, 2012
      "No one understanding our faith would deny that the Gospel can be called a rock, for in many places Scripture teaches that the Gospel is a rock. Now, this means: If you, oh soul, have been practiced in the Law and have looked with your mind through the prophetic windows at the bright rays, no longer abide in the shadow of the wall. For the wall casts a shadow of the future good; it does not provide a true image of reality. You must pass from the wall to the rock which is next to it. The rock is near the wall since the Law was a wall that protected the faith of the Gospel, and the teachings of the Law are closely related to those of the Gospel. What could be closer to "Do not commit adultery" than "Do not lust?" Also, what could be closer to being undefiled by murder than not to defile the heart by anger? Since the shelter of the rock lies close to the wall, your passage from the wall to the rock is short."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1390 of 1390 , May 19 7:59 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "God's saints value more than any of us the great act of the redemption of mankind by God, the descent of the Son of God from heaven, His teaching, likewise, His sufferings, death, burial, resurrection, and ascension into heaven; for they spent all their lives in working out their own and others' salvation, sincerely, firmly, infallibly, with their whole hearts; for the sake of their own and others' salvation, they renounced themselves, fasted, prayed, watched, wrestled, labored in deed and word with their intellect and pen. But we do not understand how to value such great acts; we are cold, distracted, heedless, and are more occupied with the visible world and of its good, which are but smoke."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!"  Psalm 40:13

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith