Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1347 , Apr 3, 2012
      "No one understanding our faith would deny that the Gospel can be called a rock, for in many places Scripture teaches that the Gospel is a rock. Now, this means: If you, oh soul, have been practiced in the Law and have looked with your mind through the prophetic windows at the bright rays, no longer abide in the shadow of the wall. For the wall casts a shadow of the future good; it does not provide a true image of reality. You must pass from the wall to the rock which is next to it. The rock is near the wall since the Law was a wall that protected the faith of the Gospel, and the teachings of the Law are closely related to those of the Gospel. What could be closer to "Do not commit adultery" than "Do not lust?" Also, what could be closer to being undefiled by murder than not to defile the heart by anger? Since the shelter of the rock lies close to the wall, your passage from the wall to the rock is short."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1347 of 1347 , Mar 10 7:22 PM

        "He who is quick to condemn others demonstrates that he has never truly stood in the presence of the Living God."

           H.H. Pope Kyrillos VI.

        "He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity."  Psalm 18:17-18

        The Bible reading for the 2nd of Baramhat, March 11, is:
        35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, Let us cross over to the other side. 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing? 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Peace, be still! And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith? 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!. (Mark 4:35-41)
        Martyrdom of St. Macrobius (Makrawy) the Bishop.

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Baramhat, March 12, is: Luke 18:35-43
        Departure of St. Cosmas, the Fifty-Eighth Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Porphyry.
        Departure of St. Hadid the priest.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace