Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1859 , Apr 3 10:15 PM
      "No one understanding our faith would deny that the Gospel can be called a rock, for in many places Scripture teaches that the Gospel is a rock. Now, this means: If you, oh soul, have been practiced in the Law and have looked with your mind through the prophetic windows at the bright rays, no longer abide in the shadow of the wall. For the wall casts a shadow of the future good; it does not provide a true image of reality. You must pass from the wall to the rock which is next to it. The rock is near the wall since the Law was a wall that protected the faith of the Gospel, and the teachings of the Law are closely related to those of the Gospel. What could be closer to "Do not commit adultery" than "Do not lust?" Also, what could be closer to being undefiled by murder than not to defile the heart by anger? Since the shelter of the rock lies close to the wall, your passage from the wall to the rock is short."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1859 of 1859 , Apr 23 5:16 PM
        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "If God had not been incarnate upon earth, if He had not made us godly, if He had not taught us in His Own person how to live, what to hope for and expect, if He had not pointed out to us another perfect and eternal life, if He had not suffered and died and risen from the dead - then we should still have had some reason to live, as we all now live - that is to mostly lead a carnal, earthly life."

        St. John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ.

        "But I am poor and needy; Make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay."  Psalm 70:5

        The Bible reading for the 16th of Baramoudah, April 24, is:
        31 He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all. 32 And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony. 33 He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. 35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. 36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. (John 3:31-36)
        Martyrdom of St. Antipas, Bishop of Pergamos.

        The Bible reading for the 17th of Baramoudah, April 25, is: John 5:22-24
        Martyrdom of St. James the Apostle, brother of St. John the Apostle.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness