Help to Syriac Christians

  • George Aramath
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2012
      After reading "Ethic Cleansing of Syrian Christians"
      (http://frontpagemag.com/2012/03/29/ethnic-cleansing-of-syrian-christians/)
      and other similar disheartening news, I wonder what we as brother
      Christians can do, besides our prayers to God Almighty.

      All those who are reading this forum and especially those connected to
      the ones involved, is there anything that we can do for the persecuted
      Christians? Any charities or concrete steps we can take to help?

      Praying for our Christian brothers/sisters,
      George Aramath
    • Dr Thomas Joseph
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2012
        George -

        At the height of the periodic episodes ethnic cleansing in the Middle East, a few of us agonize over how we could help. I don't have answers, but hopefully those in the Middle East can give us some pointers. The only organization that I am aware of that does charitable work among the Christians of the Middle East is the Barnabas Fund. It would have been ideal if there were a Syriac Orthodox Church directed aid organization that we could channel our contributions to.

        Thomas Joseph