Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 2, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “I believe that I shall look up on the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27:3)

      "I can help one person to stay positive." - An 8 year cancer survivor, Art Sibley.

      Negative thoughts of glass half-empty attitudes are taking importance in times of sickness and calamities in the life of modern man and this attitude accelerates the problem or sickness further. The healing process of any problem depends mainly on the mental attitude and faith in the Almighty. So we are now in a desperate situation and are in need of a positive environment in our world. If you can light only a candle, do it now. And let the light of positivity be like a wild fire and result in a world of healings and support for the weak, the sad, and the sick. If we are not positive and don't see goodness in all realms of life, then that’s suicidal. And then we are being the angels of darkness and will be despised.

      Art is a former constable in Barrie Police Station, Ontario, Canada. In Feb 2004, his diagnosis of stage 3 squamous cell cancer on the base of his tongue came as a shock. The cancer had moved into his lymph nodes. A bad day in his life. A whirlwind of medical appointments followed for radiation and chemotherapy treatments for 35 days. Finally, the doctor said, "There is no sign of cancer." Art says, “When I began to feel better, I knew I had to do something with this experience, to give back, to do one-on-one support programme. I’m a glass-half- full kind of person.” He adds, “On my worst days, I still knew that a positive attitude was half the battle won to beat my cancer. I thought if I can help one person to stay positive, I have to do this. When I call a client, as soon as they know that I’m an 8-year cancer survivor and that I understand what they are going through, I can hear the stress leave their voice. I don’t think you can put a price on this program.”

      Prayer: Jesus, we cry to you to help us stay positive. Let us find your goodness in all life situations. Let all the cancer patients be in your positive promise of “My grace is enough for you and I heal you.” We pray that more and more cancer survivors join together to support the ones diagnosed with cancer. We pray and support for a fool-proof treatment for cancer. Let people like Art, be blessed for their service to society. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Tuesday, 3rd April 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012