St.George, the mighty saint !

  • Dr.George, Dubai
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Dear All,
      St.George, the mighty saint and the strong fort of
      Orthodox Church is a sincere refuge to every one of
      us. St.George Church was second to St.Mary's Churches
      in Kerala in establishment. the only information on
      the saint according to Syrian Orthodox church is from
      the transelation of a syriac book by late lamented
      Greevarghese II Bava. we celebrate saint's remembrance
      during this time of the year.

      Every one sees the saint as a soldier on horse back.
      according to the legend saint never fought against
      those who persecuted him. the saints who could revive
      the dead people from the debris never moved his divine
      powers to stop them. he is the only saint whom our
      Lord revived after death. therefore, he is the crown
      of martyrs in the Church.

      During the past, while remembering him the faithfuls
      started offering 'arrack' and chicken as 'vazhipadu'
      similar to the offering to 'God kali'. what is the
      genesis of such practise, the historical back ground
      and who stopped it today. I shall appreciate if any
      one throw some light on the above issue.

      It is my thinking that 'Satan' was working very close
      with the believers. he shows us spiritual ways, walk
      with us and slowly divert us from the divine path. it
      started from the beginning of the church after the
      apostles. he could not touch the Apostles because
      they were protected by our Lord. his first attack was
      with Arios and it continued. eventually several
      denominations were created in the Holy Church. Is he
      not working closely with the saints. is it the demons
      of satan who accepts the arrack and chicken which the
      innocent faithfuls wrongly believe as St.George. It is
      an uncontested fact that satan can show the powers of
      God to mislead us. he will closely work with even with
      church leaders. the current happenings in our Mother
      Church remind us such 'Satanic Deeds'.

      We must re-dedicate ourselves from Satan to Jesus, the
      Saviour.

      with prayers
      Dr.George, Dubai.

      =====