Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 1, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “Good” Naomi exclaimed.” (Ruth 2:22)

      Effectiveness of a nice word.

      Human beings are inclined to learn more words of harshness than gentleness. Most of us hardly say a nice word to our family members, friends and relatives for their unsung silent and sacrificing help and in the process, we are creating our own hell around us. Mother-in-law, Naomi’s word, “GOOD”, was the protection for Ruth, the young widow to withstand all the tribulations she had faced in her life, and to lead a successful life. Just like Naomi, let our in-laws, parents, spouses, children, bosses, friends, priests and hierarchies learn from the mouth of Jesus as to how to, when and where to open our mouths – only for edification of love. ”A gentle answer deflates anger, but harsh words make tempers flare” - (Proverbs 15:1).

      Rev. Chalfont tells of a couple who were celebrating their golden wedding anniversary. The husband was asked what the secret was to his successful marriage. His wife Sara was the only girl he ever dated. He grew up in an orphanage and worked hard for everything he had. After they had said their vows on their wedding day, Sara’s father handed him a small gift. He said, “Within this gift is all you really need to know to have a happy marriage. Within the box, lay a large gold watch. Upon close examination, he saw etched across the face of the watch a prudent reminder he would see whenever he checked the time of day…. Words that, if heeded, held the secret to a successful marriage. They were, “SAY SOMETHING NICE TO SARAH.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us always say nice words to others. Let us take others' encouraging words in good spirit and be invigorated. Let more Naomis and Ruths emerge in our homes. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Monday, 2nd April 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012