Show kindness and speak kind words to those who are not kind to us.

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2012
      Matt. 5:44-48: The heart of the teaching is: "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you… Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

      This is a new teaching, beyond the Old Testament. Possible? Yes, to the one who believes, and looks for grace to the One who said it. If we are obeying this, the Spirit is guiding us to perfection. I am much blessed by these words of the Lord. See how complete the Lord’s teaching is: If we have grace to love those who do not love us, and pray for them, such love can embrace all, and thus fulfill all of God’s requirements, Rom.13: 8-10.

      Lord, we trust you for grace to love and bless those who trouble us; let us do good to them; let me pray for them, Lord, as you prayed on the cross. May the Holy Spirit fill our heart with your love, Lord, Rom. 5:5. Amen.

      When I seem to be failing: I must humbly confess, and pray in faith. Climbing a mountain is done in small steps, not in leaps. Mount Zion is for the humble, for the patient, for the diligent. Remember: God is faithful to give grace. When I seem to be failing, but yet am looking to God, I am in fact making progress in grace.

      See how Jesus loved those who crucified Him, Luke 23:34: “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” When we remember Jesus, we receive grace.

      For Reflection: Consider the opportunities we have to show kindness and speak kind words to those who are not kind to us.

      Thankful for opportunities to love as Jesus loved,
      Your's brother in christ,
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C