Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 28, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “ From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise.”(Mathew 21:16)

      4 years old child fills in when the parents miss it-the fundamental of life- prayer

      Behold children are a heritage from the lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with enemies in the gate. (Psalms 127:3-5). He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the lord.(Psalms 113:9). “ And calling him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “truly , I say to you, unless you turn and become like children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”(Mathew 18:2-6)

      We should not underestimate the little children. They are the most precious gift of God entrusted to you and me to move on and to witness Christ on this earth. They are delicate and most vulnerable and in need of all our focus in all their walks of life, in walk, sleep, rest, school, , church ,and in public. We should listen and mend when they correct us in our follies. Most often they may be the torch bearers of all the goodness and hospitality of a home. Time out, deprivation, and advice are all in good in love if we do for their betterment when they are in wrong.

      Jeff is 4 years old , the eldest out of 3 children ,aged 6 months and 2 years. He is mature in all his actions but a child. One Sunday after the Holy Mass the parish priest and family visited their home. He was the first to come out and welcome them. Before going to the routine business of regards they all prayed at the out set by lighting the candles in front of the icon of Jesus. More than 2 hours they all had lovely and fruitful time with sumptuous lunch of home made. In between Jeff brought a piece of chocolate to the priest to share from the fridge. At the parting time when the priest just about to put the Jacket to go, Jeff came to him ask him “ will you pray and go”. That the priest and family members forgot to do.Then they all did the prayer and his face bighted like a sun. After a big hug to the children the guest parted with a lesson from Jeff- “Priest! Pray Always -entering and exiting a home”

      Prayer: Jesus. Let us pray unceasingly. Let us approach and deal the children as your face and your presence. Let all the wombs bear the fruits of lovely children as the joy for them. We pray for the parents struggling to discipline their children in Jesus. Let us learn a lot through observation and mingling, playing, praying and reading with the children the good lesson where we miss or overlook the essentials of life and etiquette.

      All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Thursday 29 March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V