Our Daily Bread-One Beautiful Moment

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012
      READ: Isaiah 40:6-11

      All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. Isaiah 40:6

      One snap of the shutter, and there it was . . . one beautiful moment captured in time for eternity. The late summer sun reflected in the breaking wave made the water look like liquid gold splashing onto the shore. If my friend had not been there with his camera, the wave would have gone unnoticed, like so many others that have come and gone, seen only by God.

      Who can imagine how many waves Lake Michigan has sent rolling onto the shoreline? Yet each one is unique. As seen in every wave, God makes extravagant beauty out of seemingly mundane things. Using water and air, He makes wondrous works of art. We enjoy His gallery in skies above and on earth and sea below. But most of earth's beauty remains invisible to us; it is seen only by God.

      God uses another gallery to display His glory humans. We too are made out of something ordinary dust (Gen. 2:7). But to us He added an extraordinary ingredient—His very own breath (v.7). Like waves of the sea and flowers of the field (Isa. 40:6), our lives are brief and seen by few. Yet each one is a beautiful moment� created by God to say to the world, Behold, your God� whose Word will last forever (v.8). Julie Ackerman Link

      Only one life, so live it well,
      And keep your candle trimmed and bright;
      Eternity, not time, will tell
      The radius of that candle's light. Miller

      We fulfill our purpose when we serve our Creator.